• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Flu? Swine? I feel fine

cutlery69

Bluelighter
Yesterday at work I got a really high fever out of nowhere. I mentioned it to my supervisor. He freaked out about h1n1, told me to go home and to take tomorrow off.

I took some tylenol when I got home, went to bed early, got a good sleep. Woke up today with a bit of a sore throat, kinda lethargic but other than that fine. I still ate normally.

Is this common with h1n1? For symptoms to calm down then hit again?
I'm hoping I won't be sick for halloween. With a flu I'd usually have nausea. With a cold I'd have clogged sinuses. Any idea what I have?

*bump*

4 days later, hope you survived :D

I just came home 'sick', I rarely do so but today feel serious mental impairment, some minor stomach/intestinal inconsistancies, and a bit weak/shakey.
No sore throat (my usual sign of a cold) or other symptoms though.
Combined with daily cannabis / having caffeine last 2 days after a long break, I'm not sure if I'm actually sick or just treating myself poorly & suffering the consequences?

I figure if I feel worse tomorrow I'll know.
I assume American hospitals won't do free testing for H1N1 just so I know? I have insurance but it doesn't cover 100%. I've paid for worthless labwork before, I'd rather avoid that.

I got a similar wave of sickness a few weeks ago. I had a 100+ fever all day, had to miss work. then woke up the next morning to go to work and school felt fine. Should be nothing to worry about